Entry Period: FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, July 21 and 22, 9 am to 5 pm
Judging: SUNDAY, July 23
Please consult the Entry Procedure for general entry rules.
- Photographs should be taken within the last two years, and not entered previously in the Fair.
- Judging is based solely on the photograph, not the mounting or matting.
- To ensure anonymous judging, please do not place any identifying text or logo on the front of the entry.
- Exhibitor name, address, and phone number must be noted on the back of each photograph.
- No lewd or illicit images will be judged or displayed, as determined by the Fair staff.
- Entries for the purpose of display and education only are welcomed, encouraged, and will not be judged.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ!
Images should be affixed to a lightweight semi-rigid backing such as matt board or cardboard cut to the following dimensions:
- Finished sizes of entries should be either 8”x10”, 11”x 14”, or 16”x 20”.
- Maximum size of 12”x 36” entries can be in Panoramic Class only.
- No other sizes will be accepted.
Sizes pertain to the board and the finished mounted print together, not the photo itself. Prints may be of any size that fits on the acceptable sized board. Any matting must also fall within the maximum sizes listed above.
Completed mounts must be in a fitted clear sleeve or properly shrink-wrapped. Clear fitted sleeves will be available upon entry. NO FRAMED OR GLASS MOUNTED IMAGES.
Do not apply hangers to the back of entries. The Fair will provide Velcro tabs to be affixed to all entries.
DIVISION A LANDSCAPES, CITYSCAPES, SEASCAPES
Class 01 Scenic, horizon, geographical, climatological, etc.
Class 02 Human community
Class 03 Architectural
Class 04 Panoramic
Class 05 Other
DIVISION B PEOPLE
Class 01 Portrait – Studio photo
Class 02 Portrait – Candid photo
Class 03 Those who serve – people and equipment in military, police, or fire
Class 04 Sports
Class 05 Photojournalism and events
Class 06 Other
DIVISION C FAUNA
Class 01 Pet or domestic animal
Class 02 Bird
Class 03 Wildlife
Class 04 Other
DIVISION D FLORA
Class 01 Domestic plant or flower
Class 02 Wild plant or flower
Class 03 Alaskan garden
Class 04 Other
DIVISION E MACROPHOTOGRAPHY (EXTREME CLOSEUPS)
Class 01 Plant
Class 02 Insect
Class 03 Texture
Class 04 Other
DIVISION F LIFE IN ALASKA
DIVISION G TRAVEL OUTSIDE ALASKA
DIVISION H DIGITALLY MANIPULATED
DIVISION I OLD SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY
Class 01 Landscapes, Cityscapes, Seascapes
Class 02 People
Class 03 Fauna
Class 04 Flora
Class 05 Macrophotography
Class 06 Life in Alaska
Class 07 Travel Outside Alaska
DIVISION J VIDEO
Class 01 Dvd or mp3 (max 5 minutes)
Click on the Fair Entry ribbon above to enter your exhibits into the 2023 Southeast Alaska State Fair!
SEAK Fair does not charge any fee for entry into the Fair, disregard the places in Fair Entry where it asks for payment.
If you have any issues getting started with Fair entry, contact Emma at the Fair Office, 907-766-2476 or email@example.com