Great Alaska Craft Beer
& Home Brew Festival
May 26 & 27, 2023
Ticket Purchase Pro Tip:
If you log in via Facebook, your tickets will be sent to the email associated with your Facebook account. If you don’t use that anymore, don’t log in via Facebook!
Create an account with your Current Email!
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Beerfest Tickets go on sale here!
Friday, May 26, 2023
The Gourmet Brewers’ Dinner is back!
see menu below
Saturday, May 27, 2023
12:00 pm – Connoisseur Tasting
1:00 pm – General Admission Tasting
Taps pulled promptly at 5:00 pm!
Alaska’s Favorite Craft Brew Festival!
Beerfest is back! Tickets will go on sale March 1, and we’re bringing the Gourmet Brewers Dinner back in 2023!
This event showcases beers from all over Alaska and the Yukon, and draws a crowd from all over North America. We proudly present the best brews from over 25 regional breweries, cideries, and distributors across the region.
On Saturday, the Connoisseur’s Tasting begins at noon with a limited entry to the grounds and early access to the brewers and their best brews. at 1:00 pm, the flood gates open and the general tasting begins for 4 hours of exquisite brews, great food, good music, and most important of all, great company with like-minded enthusiasts!
Tickets go on sale March 1, 2023
Join us at Beerfest!
2023 Beerfest Schedule
AT THE SOUTHEAST ALASKA STATE FAIRGROUNDS IN HAINES, ALASKA
All entrants to all events except for the Slammin’ Salmon must have their ticket and a valid, legal ID.
During the day: Homebrew Competition *Not open to the public
Evening: Gourmet Brewers’ Dinner 6:00 pm and Menu listed below
8:00 am: Registration begins for the Slammin’ Salmon 5K & 10K Fun Run at Dalton City on the Fairgrounds.
12:00 noon: Connoisseur’s Tasting Begins. Entry starts at 11:30 am at the Fair Vehicle Gate.
1:00 pm: General Admission Tasting Begins. Entry at the Fair Main Gate.
5:00 pm SHARP: Taps pulled and Beerfest closes.
Tips for having the best beerfest ever
- Make alternative plans for your dogs. They will not be allowed on the grounds, and leaving them in your car or tied outside the grounds is not safe for them, nor will they have a good time. Loose dogs on the property will be turned over to law enforcement.
- Only empty, clear (see-through) drinking containers are allowed into the Beerfest grounds. Anything else will be confiscated, so just don’t bring it.
- Don’t bring bags, or at least curate what you are carrying. Anyone bringing bags into the Beerfest grounds will have them searched. If you have items such as alcohol, drinking containers, or weapons of any kind, those items will be confiscated or you will not be allowed in. It’s best to leave these items at home. Even better, don’t bring a bag and save yourself time in line.
- Children – ALL children, from birth through age 20 – will not be allowed on the grounds. There are no exceptions to this rule. So please make alternate arrangements for your children. If we hear of Haines community childcare opportunities as we get closer to the event, we will announce them.
- DON’T PRE-GAME! We cannot emphasize this enough. There are plenty of amazing beers to taste, free to you, during the event. If you appear to have been drinking we will not let you in the gate and we will not reimburse your ticket if you are denied entry. Alaska State Law requires that we not serve anyone visibly under the influence of alcohol. We take this seriously. Also, it’s disrespectful to our brewers who have worked so hard to bring you an exceptional tasting experience.
- Plan for the weather! And you never quite know what that will be. Bring sunscreen, a rain slicker, whatever you’re going to need to be comfortable during the event!
- Bring cash for food. We have amazing food vendors at Beerfest, don’t miss out! And while the beers are free, the food and the games are not.
- It’s going to be a great year. First and foremost, plan for fun!
- Have your ticket and your legal, government-issued ID. You need both to get in, and you need a wristband, tasting glass, and ID to stay in. Keep your wristband on at all times. Broken or missing tasting glasses will not be replaced.
- Don’t pre-game. If you drink before Beerfest, you’re only hurting yourself because you won’t be able to enjoy the fine craft beers on offer, and if we can tell, we won’t let you in. That doesn’t sound like any fun at all.
- No alcohol in our out of the grounds. This is Alaska State Law.
- No children – including infants! – and no animals. No exceptions.
- Only empty, clear liquid containers are allowed on the grounds. if there’s something in it, or we can’t see through it, it will be confiscated. There is water available that you can use your tasting glass to drink.
- no weapons.
- Pace yourself. If you appear intoxicated, you will be asked to leave. There’s plenty to drink and plenty of time.
- Don’t even think about driving.
- The Southeast Alaska State Fair is a smoke-free facility. Tobacco products can be used in designated smoking areas outside of the gates. Marijuana products cannot be used in public places as per Alaska State Law.
- Distribution of political materials, merchandise, and informational material other than official Southeast Alaska State Fair, Beerfest, and Dalton City tenant business merchandise is strictly prohibited during Beerfest, as per Southeast Alaska State Fair Policy.
Gourmet Brewers Dinner Menu
CHEF TRAVIS KUKULL
Menu subject to change based on availability of ingredients.
Beet cured salmon lox
Curried deviled eggs
House made naan
Stripe Prawn chawanmushi, steamed savory egg custard, salmon caviar, shiso
Black sun choke crudo with rose hip miso cured Wagyu beef jerky, carraway cabbage crisp, and mostarda
Mushroom strudel, gruyere cheese, cherry soubise, cured duck egg yolk
Smoked Duck confit, creamed cabbage and leeks, pickled kumquats, mint
Carrot and turnip cake roulade, cream cheese rose petal frosting, lemon curd, hot chocolate drizzle
Slammin' Salmon Fun Run
Home Brew Competition
AHA and BJCP CERTIFIED
Calling all Home Brewers!
Prior to the public events of Beerfest, our specialty Brew Judges will judge home brews from throughout the region to eventually choose the Best in Show for the year. This is one of the most rigorous and hotly contested Home Brew Competitions in the entire region. To learn more about how to enter your best brews, follow this link.
Note: The Home Brew Competition is not open to the public. Medals will be awarded during the General Festival Tasting on Saturday, May 27, 2023
Getting To Haines
There are so many ways to get to Haines for Beerfest Weekend. Learn more about how to get here, and where to stay once you’re here, by following this Link.